- Clerks & Finance Officers
Clerks & Finance Officers
New Mexico Municipal Clerks & Finance Officers Association Mission Statement
The New Mexico Municipal Clerks' and Finance Officers' Association is a subsection of the New Mexico Municipal League organized to increase the proficiency of its members through sponsorship of professional training programs and sharing experiences and techniques that will result in efficient and effective administration on the local level.
- President: Rebecca Martinez (Rio Rancho)
- President-Elect: Jamie Wall (Fort Sumner)
- Vice-President: Mollie Maldonado (Hobbs)
- Immediate Past President: Georgiana Rael (Red River)
Municipalities have two choices when conducting municipal elections.
- They may choose to hold municipal elections in November of odd-years along with other local elections (school board, soil & water conservation board, etc.), via the OPT-IN procedures below. This election is run by the county clerk and is known as the Regular Local Election (RLE), or,
- They can continue to conduct the municipal election themselves. Those elections are held in March of even years and is known as the Municipal Officer Election (MOE). This election is run by the municipal clerk and the municipality pays for all of the election.
- If a municipality chooses to have their municipal elections as part of the RLE in November, instead of the MOE in March, they must make the change by ordinance. In addition, the municipality must determine whether to reduce or extend the terms of office for the Elected Officials. The choice to opt-in must be adopted and submitted to the Secretary of State by June 30 of the year in which the RLE will occur.
Records & Compliance Documents